May says no-deal Brexit planning continues – spokesman

UK

FILE PHOTO: British Prime Minister Theresa May holds a news conference following an extraordinary European Union leaders summit to discuss Brexit, in Brussels, Belgium April 11, 2019. REUTERS/Yves Herman

LONDON (Reuters) – Prime Minister Theresa May has said the government will continue to plan for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit, her spokesman said on Monday.

May made the comment in an internal note to staff.

The European Union last week delayed Brexit until the end of October, averting, for now at least, the risk of an abrupt British departure from the bloc which investors fear would hurt the economy.

May’s spokesman also told reporters on Monday that the prime minister was not thinking about calling an early national election as a way to break the Brexit impasse in parliament.

Reporting by William James; Writing by William Schomberg; editing by Guy Faulconbridge

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Talks with Labour on Brexit are serious but difficult, May tells ministers
May to be told to quit by top Conservative – Sunday Times
Qualcomm’s joint venture with Chinese province to shut down: The Information
Lucky loser Jarry stuns Alexander Zverev in Barcelona Open
Eni, Fincantieri, Terna and CDP team up to build wave power stations

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *